How to turn off voice control?

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by lisamel, Sep 30, 2016.

1. lisamel macrumors regular

lisamel

Hi,

My sister just updated to ios 10 and is experiencing major problems with voice control. Even when she isnt speaking the iphone will call random peopel, turn on music etc.

She had siri switched off, so I told her to turn it on, but it doesnt help. Every time she uses the home button something will happen with voice control.

So is there any way to actually this it off? I couldnt find it when searching for ios 10.

Thank you!

2. 6kings macrumors newbie

I have the same problem with voice control when unlocking the phone - way too sensitive.
    Apple should allow you to turn it off......but they don't.

The only solution to stop random phone calls is to disable voice dial (settings > touch ID & passcode > toggle voice dial).

3. lisamel thread starter macrumors regular

lisamel

I have asked her to try that now, thanks. For some reason its not possible to turn on Siri either, so hopefully Apple will fix it.

4. Poncho macrumors 6502

Poncho

Came here looking for answer to same problem. It's ridiculous that turning on Voice Control means Siri disappears and yet the only way to turn Voice Control back off, according to Apple, is to go through Siri. Which you can't because it no longer exists.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

Looks like this will be possible in iOS 10.2: http://forums.macrumors.com/threads...s-bugs-and-fixes.2011325/page-5#post-23835166

6. Poncho macrumors 6502

Poncho

7. beernut macrumors 6502

Here's a clever workaround in the meantime