All iPads How to turn the cellular version of iPad Air and Mini Retina Display into a phone?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by hajime, Dec 22, 2013.

1. hajime macrumors 68040

Hello, can I turn the cellular version of iPad Air and Mini Retina Display into a phone? If so, how to do it? Thanks

2. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

Use Google Voice and/or Talkatone. Very simple

3. AppleRobert macrumors 603

I have no contract smartphones and haven't paid for service in years. This is a great way to go that you are suggesting and it has worked flawlessly for me. I don't do much calling anyways so why get stuck into a contract. If I have to have connection without wifi, I have a no contract hotspot for peanuts compared to a smartphone on a contract from a provider.

4. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

Talk atone is awesome! Way more useful then the regular google voice app. I Wish there was a way to remove adds with out subscribing monthly. Which is lame. Other wise very happy with it.

5. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

You can make calls from google hangouts now too. I prefer first party solutions.

6. Aaron from KY macrumors member

If you know other people with iOS 7 you could use Facetime Voice, to make voice only calls over Facetime. This turns the device into a phone, but only for people with Apple device using friends.

7. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

Awesome tip. I didn't know that. Will have to try it out. Thanks!