How to turnoff an ACD 30" the right way?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Malcolm X, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Malcolm X macrumors newbie

Hello fellas,

Maybe a strange question, but let me ask it anyway. :)

What is the right way to turnoff a Apple Cinema Display 30"?
    When I put my MBPr to sleep the ACD turns off and shows a white light. I always turn it off after that with the power button on the right side so the white light turns off. Is that the correct way or is it better to just keep the white light on? Does it maybe harm the display to always have it turned off with the power button? Does it consume much electricity when I leave it on with the white light?

Thanks.

2. JesterJJZ macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

I never touch the power button. As far as I know it sleeps and turns off with my Mac.

3. Malcolm X thread starter macrumors newbie

But when your Mac goes to sleep, the displays white light stays on so actually the display is sleeping to and is not turned off, when you want to turn it off you need to touch the power button.

4. Malcolm X thread starter macrumors newbie

5. JesterJJZ macrumors 68020

JesterJJZ

They either both sleep or are both off. I don't understand what else you're looking for. There's a power button, and you can also just unplug it...

6. lucasfer899 macrumors 6502

lucasfer899

As already said above, what is the point of pressing the power button when it has already gone into sleep. The sleep mode barely uses any power, and is very useful, as the light is simply telling you that the display is ready to burst into life at the same second as your mac.
    I r not understand.