iPhone how to undo Jailbreak Iphone 4 without display

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Bateman64, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Bateman64 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have jailbroken Iphone 4 which was working phone. Recently It fell down from 2nd floor and got slightly bent and display not working. It is NOT under warranty.

I went to Iphone store and they asked me to book an appointment and based on few conditions they will replace it with refurbished Iphone 4 for £119.

1. what is my best option to choose now?

2. I just took backup of it and want to restore back and undo the jailbreak but how can I do this without Iphone display?

Please advise,
    Many thanks
    Bateman

2. Gmerdude macrumors 6502

Gmerdude

Does it connect? Put it in recovery mode iTunes will tell you when it is then restore it

3. Bateman64 thread starter macrumors newbie

I know how to do that from itunes (by choosing restore option) but am more concerned about how to setup things like date/time, itunes id etc which come "after" new version installation as my Iphone display not working.

Thanks for the reply.

4. skinned66 macrumors 65816

skinned66

Why bother? Just get the jailbreak off of it with the restore and let :apple: worry about the rest. Set it up as a "new phone" and don't sync anything.

At £119 I'd be looking into getting a used 4S and selling the broken one as is. People will buy it...just not for a whole lot. You still might wind up ahead nonetheless.

5. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

does it matter, is not like you can see any of those things anyways lol

6. ourmountain macrumors regular

I'd call it a loss and spend the £119 on something that isn't old tech that's overly susceptible to two story falls.

7. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

say what? is there a 'new tech' that can withstand a two story fall without extra protection :rolleyes:

8. ourmountain macrumors regular

It was a veiled attempt to mock the OP for dropping his phone off a second floor.

EG, "Buy something you're not going to drop off the roof".

This just simply went over your head, as you automatically assumed I was suggesting he find a phone he can drop off a second floor without consequence.

Bravo.

9. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

lol, not really as I put a rolls eye emoticon to mean there is no such thing so that you knew your mocking was lacking in quality. ;) Either improve your quality or don't post at all.

10. Bateman64 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all the replies,

Can anyone suggest me best place to buy second-hand Iphones. Is gumtree offers worth looking at? does anyone give any warrantee?