How to unhide a folder so you can use it?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by zombiemommy, Jul 24, 2012.

1. zombiemommy macrumors newbie

The other day I typed into terminal the code to make all files unhidden, and when I did that I was able to go into the ipod_control folder, and take the music folder to load it on my desktop. The reason I did this was because I wanted to restore my whole ipod since it had about 36GB of "other" files and I didn't know what they were. So after I deleted my itunes library (luckily, I still have my library in a folder so I can put it back in if I need to) I went to take the hidden music folder, and put it in my itunes. I didn't think it'd be still hidden since I had it on my desktop, but when I went to load it, it didn't work. And then I realized they were still hidden.

So my question is, how do I permanently unhide this music folder so I can upload the library into my itunes? I'd rather use this folder because it has my updated iPod library on it. Cause sometimes I'll add the music to my ipod instead of both my ipod and library.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

From memory (I'm not at an OS X system right now), the command is "chflags nohidden path".

3. zombiemommy thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried that actually, and it made the Music folder unhidden, but the files inside still were hidden to the point I couldn't load them on my iTunes. I'm not sure what to do:confused:

4. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Make that command "chflags -R nohidden path". That will tell it to apply the setting to everything in the folder and it's sub folders.

jW