How to UNHIDE the Menu bar?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Zopiclone, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Zopiclone macrumors newbie

Hey,

I'm a new mac user since a couple of years and when I just started I followed some tweaks of Leo Babauta (nothing to do with macs or computing anyways) but he had some tips and tweaks to clear up your mac screen.

Well i followed his steps but I don't remember at all how I hided the menu bar.

I recently realised the reason why Spotlight wasn't working is because I had the menubar autohidden, so whenever my menu bar is hidden i can't use Spotlight and I love spotlight....

Will someone please show me how to unhide the menu bar? I realise my mistake I made but can't seem to get it fixed...

I'm on OSX 10.5.8 by the way.

Thanks.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I wouldn't mess with the Menu Bar, so hopefully you can find how to undo what you did. You should be able to access Spotlight by pressing Command-Spacebar.

3. simsaladimbamba

4. stev3n macrumors 6502

I did some googling and found this page. Hopefully you can get some more info there.

5. Zopiclone thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, it worked with the magic menu app, spotlight shortcut wasn't working since when the menu bar is hidden it doesnt show up, and spotlight is so usefull.

Learned my lesson, don't ever ever mess with the menu bar.