How to uninstall a profile?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kujen, Nov 29, 2012.

1. kujen macrumors newbie

I need to uninstall a profile. I've read that I should be able to do this by going to settings-> general-> profile. But I don't see anything called "profile" under "general." Where do I find it? I use the newest gen iPad.

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

That option only shows up if you have a profile installed. If you don't, it's not there so it's safe to assume you don't have one installed.

3. kujen thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm sure I do though..it's the kind that is installed when you install mobile rewards apps (like Free My Apps). I've never seen the profile option under settings ever.

4. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

It appears it gets removed automatically.

From FreeMyApps.com:

How do I remove my profile?

A:The device profile gets removed automatically after the enrollment process. To completely disassociate it from FreeMyApps, go to Settings > Safari > Delete Cookies

5. GerritV macrumors 65816

GerritV

Somehow related to the OP: I'm getting messages about a profile "NVI Adhoc" soon to be expired. I don't remember installing it in the first place, so it had to be an app doing it in the background - so what will happen and what do I do? Will certain things stop working, do I fetch a new profile...?