how to uninstall a web App.

Discussion in 'iMac' started by 420benz, Jul 19, 2012.

1. 420benz macrumors 6502

420benz

I installed a Logitech mouse and i would like to uninstall it. I seem that the software i used to install it is from Windows.

2. Chippy99 macrumors 6502a

1. If it was a windows app, you didn't install it because it would not run.

2. How hard is it to type "OSX how to uninstall an app" into Google?

3. ivnj macrumors 65816

It's not hard but that's what we're here for. Otherwise there is no need for a macrumors or apple discussions or any other site if it was that easy.

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Umm... yeah. ;)

[​IMG]

So you see, by your own smart alek comment you just illustrated why the forums can be helpful. Perhaps the OP (like you) did not know to search for "OS X" rather than "OSX" (which gets no results). Or maybe the OP did search the correct term and saw about 100 different sites showing different ways to delete apps and was afraid to just start trying things that would mess up his computer.

----------

If you installed the OS X version of LCC (Logitech's mouse drivers), there should be an uninstaller located in /Application/Utilities called LCC Uninstaller. Just run that uninstaller.

5. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

420 I notice you have a lot of these basic questions. Have you considered attending workshops at the Apple Stores, if that is an option where you live?

6. 12dylan34 macrumors 6502a

That's because you put quotes around it. Typing exactly what you did without them, Google asks if you meant "OS X how to uninstall and app," for which the first result gives you a detailed and correct explanation.

7. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Okay... I agree. Let's just shut down the forums and redirect everybody with questions to Google. Just about every question ever asked on here can be answered with enough Google searching.

Nowhere in the search results or the page you mentioned does it explain LCC can be uninstalled by running the uninstaller at /Application/Utilities. Hence the value of the forums.

8. sukai macrumors regular

The funny thing is it will most likely redirect them here xD

People asking questions and others offering solutions are the fundamentals imo. Else google would be useless if this things never started.

9. ivnj macrumors 65816

Not anymore. Without quotes it doesn't ask me if I meant os x with a space. Just goes straight to results. But with Quotes "" it's not empty empty either. Thanks to this thread we now have a link.

Attached Files:

10. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Whoa... Google indexed that fast!

There is an Inception joke in here somewhere, but I am not witty enough to come up with it.

11. 420benz thread starter macrumors 6502

420benz

Yes that is an option. They wan't 120.00 for the class. BTW: They do not like anyone asking any questions.

----------

Thanks for the backup.Maybe this forum should have a section for Dummies like me.

12. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

What? The scheduled 1-hour group workshops should be free. There's also a 1-on-1 thing that you have to pay for. And yeah, you'd have to save most of your questions for the 1-on-1.

I also wonder how much you can get away with calling AppleCare for questions like this (assuming you bought it - if not there's still time).

13. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Don't sweat it, if you have questions just ask. Most users here will be glad to help you.

14. 420benz thread starter macrumors 6502

420benz

Thanks Guys for putting up with my dumb questions.

15. Chippy99 macrumors 6502a

The point is nitwit that it's a dumb simple question and the answer is non-trivial (drag the app to the trash can is not the answer) and yet can be found in milliseconds by using just an ounce of common sense.

I think it's only reasonable to think that before you ask people to put themselves out by typing a lengthy and non-trivial answer, you owe them the common courtesy of having done the most minimal investigation yourself first.

And typing precisely what I said, yields all the answers he needs.

16. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Nowhere in the search results or the page you mentioned does it explain LCC can be uninstalled by running the uninstaller at /Application/Utilities. Making my point.

If this really bothers you that much when people ask what to you are "dumb simple questions", maybe you should just skip the thread. Just a thought.

17. ivnj macrumors 65816

Well said, and I repeat that's what we are here for dumb or not!!

18. driftless macrumors demi-god

driftless

There are some switching to a Mac books out there which covers the basics as well. I purchased the Missing Manual version when I made the switch sometime ago.

19. Chippy99 macrumors 6502a

I didn't say it was a dumb simple question. In fact it is not, and the answer is non-trivial.

I am just suggesting it is common courtesy to at least *try* to find an answer before asking someone to bail you out. I mean, honestly how blinking hard is it to type a couple of words into Google first? It's just common sense to do that.