Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bunger

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 1, 2007
What are the procedures to completely remove the evasi0n jailbreak? I tried restoring from backup and that didn't work...

theanimala

macrumors 6502
Mar 2, 2007
They are right, DFU install is the only way. I used evasi0n last night to jailbrake my iPhone 5 and loved the results. I liked have the 5x5 home screen and even bought the Edgy theme. Then I go to connect to my work email on it (Good for enterprise) when I get a message saying Jailbroken phones are not supported and they deactive my Good client.

Did a restore and it still didn't work. Finally figured out out to do a DFU reset, restored from previous backup, and all was like it was hours earlier minus the lost time.

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
They are right, DFU install is the only way. I used evasi0n last night to jailbrake my iPhone 5 and loved the results. I liked have the 5x5 home screen and even bought the Edgy theme. Then I go to connect to my work email on it (Good for enterprise) when I get a message saying Jailbroken phones are not supported and they deactive my Good client.

Did a restore and it still didn't work. Finally figured out out to do a DFU reset, restored from previous backup, and all was like it was hours earlier minus the lost time.

You should have looked in to trying "XCon" from Cydia, it tricks apps into thinking the phone isn't jailbroken.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
HOW LONG DOES A DFU RESET TAKE HELP:apple:

First - your Caps lock key is stuck !
The length of time of a DFU firmware restore depends on the device, the speed of your computer and whether you have previously downloaded the required IPSW.
Once the IPSW has been downloaded ...
For a 3GS maybe 10-12 minutes.
For an iPhone 5, perhaps 4-7 minutes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.