How to uninstall iRetiner?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lapocompris, Feb 17, 2011.

1. lapocompris macrumors regular

I tried to remove iRetiner but there are popup message during the process, the last one about Haft-Installed package. I clicked on Forcibly Clear but it didn't work, iRetiner stays in the list of installed package.

2. lapocompris thread starter macrumors regular

Is it possible to navigate with iFile and manually delete iRetiner? If so, where to find it?

3. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

Deleting Cydia-apps manually is not a very good idea, this can jeopardize yr complete Cydia installation and potentially yr jailbreak. I've found that things like the one you're now experiencing has a tendency to fix themselves by playing around with package uninstall/intstallations - if it doesn't - post again

4. Tokes Green macrumors regular

Tokes Green

I have had this before.

SSH the Cydia .deb file to the Media > Cydia > AutoInstall directory (if that directory is not there create it - Case sensitive)

Reboot, then start Cydia again and all should be good.

Attached Files:

5. Cortezbanks macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

The popup message buttons are backwards. The ignore button removes and vice versa. Read somewhere this was the case and it works for me

6. Tokes Green macrumors regular

Tokes Green

Even better if that's the case.

7. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

If you don't mind me asking, what it is about this tweek you didn't like and now want to delete?

8. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Personally, I don't get it either. It optimizes app store icons so they don't look blurry on the screen; it's unfortunate that some app icons aren't optimized for the iphone 4 screen.
    Granted, the program isn't perfect, but it works pretty decently for a free program.

9. lapocompris thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, the ignore button fixed it.

@braddick, I didn't see any change in my icons

10. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Ok, got it. Thanks for getting back to me. You also saved me from adding this one as I was about going to when I stumbled upon your thread.