Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tex-Twil

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 28, 2008
Berlin
Hello,
I would like to try the native NTFS RW as described here but when I try to uninstall ntfs-3g via the PrefPane I get:

Code:
ERROR(Non-zero exit value: 101)

When I run the uninstallation script:
Code:
~ root# /System/Library/Filesystems/ntfs-3g.fs/Support/uninstall-ntfs-3g.sh 
This script will remove all NTFS-3G files installed with NTFS-3G.pkg.
You may be asked for your Administrator password.

NTFS-3G not installed... aborting.

but it is installed.

How can I remove it ?

Thanks,
Tex

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
there have been other posts on the forum about people having trouble after enabling the native ntfs r/w. an mroogle search would find them. The changes to enable native ntfs are hacks, and apple won't help you if something goes wrong.

Tex-Twil

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 28, 2008
Berlin
there have been other posts on the forum about people having trouble after enabling the native ntfs r/w. an mroogle search would find them. The changes to enable native ntfs are hacks, and apple won't help you if something goes wrong.
Well the hack just consist of adding the "write" option to the mount command.

Anyway, back to the topic, is it ok to uninstall the ntfs-3g just by deleting manually all the files ?

Tex

Tex-Twil

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 28, 2008
Berlin
So I just disabled the ntfs-3g in the Preferences instead of uninstalling it. It seems to be enough. The native NTFS works great so far.

Tex

skywinder

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2014
In 10.10 you should run:
Code:
sudo /System/Library/Filesystems/ntfs-3g.fs/Support/uninstall-package.sh

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
How to uninstall ntfs-3g ?

In 10.10 you should run:

Code:
sudo /System/Library/Filesystems/ntfs-3g.fs/Support/uninstall-package.sh

Yosemite didn't even exist when this thread was created so I don't think that helps the OP much or any of the other posts in this 2+ year old thread.

skywinder

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2014
Yosemite didn't even exist when this thread was created so I don't think that helps the OP much or any of the other posts in this 2+ year old thread.

Yes, it's not very actual now.
But this topic is first in google, so I just want to share up-to-date solution with others searchers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.