how to uninstall Office 2004 ?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Serge88, May 15, 2008.

1. Serge88 macrumors member

Serge88

Sorry I'm new to Mac, I have Office 2004 evaluation on my iMac and everytime I click on a excel file it wants to install itself. Is there an uninstall on Mac ? How do you get rid of software ?

Serge

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

3. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

Drag it to the trash. Job done.

You'll find support files in your ~/documents directory and ~/library, but it won't do any harm if you leave them there..

4. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

What do you want to use to open the Excel files? Numbers? Then select the file, click on "more info" or hit command-I, and change the Open with: dialog to Numbers. Click on Change All, and all .xls files will always be opened with Numbers.

5. Moof1904 macrumors 65816

There's an uninstaller

I'm pretty sure Office 2004 installs an uninstaller if you want to make sure it's completely gone. I think it's installed with Office and doesn't just reside on the CD.

6. Serge88 thread starter macrumors member

Serge88

Thanks, that looks simple and yes if number can open xls file i will use it.

Serge

7. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Yes, if an app comes with an uninstaller, and Office 2004 does, you should use it to make sure you get rid of everything. Simply dragging and app to the Trash works for most small apps, but some apps like Office like to put their hooks into other areas of your system and you should get rid of those to be safe.

It should be in /Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/Additional Tools/Remove Office.