How to uninstall Paragon NTFS?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by chrono1081, Sep 14, 2009.

1. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Hi guys.

I installed Paragon NTFS 6.0 in Snow Leopard and even though it seems to work fine the system is a bit slower and startup now takes 1 min 30 seconds vs 35 seconds.

I tried to uninstall with the uninstaller but it says "Paragon NTFS is not installed" (which is wrong cause I can still read NTFS drives) and App Zapper is not finding the program. Is there a manual way to uninstall?

I was looking throught the "Library -> Preferences" to see if any files were hiding in there and I cant see anything. I also tried searching for spotlight for files and searching online for a solution but have found none.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

EDIT: I went to the website and a 7.0 version is available....however unless I download the beta the actual 7.0 version wont run in snow leopard...but 6.0 does and cant uninstall...wtf :/

2. chrono1081 thread starter macrumors 604

chrono1081

Fixed!!! :D Kind of.

Ok, I had to download the snow leopard beta from Paragons site. Once I did this I uninstalled the beta and restarted the machine (Note: I did this twice).

I noticed that the MacOSX -> System -> Library -> File Systems folder the NTFS Plist files still showed Paragon. Well, After uninstalling the 7.0 Beta one of them disappeared, and I *gasP!* deleted the other one. This worked and everything started up quickly again. Only downside is I can't read NTFS drives now but I will look into a solution for that.

3. chrono1081 thread starter macrumors 604

chrono1081

Fixed for good!

I popped in the snow leopard disk again and it overwrote the file I deleted :D

4. emikshe macrumors member

emikshe

Thanks! Helped me a lot!

5. imperyal macrumors newbie

6. newdeal macrumors 68020

something is messes up I think because snow leopard can read NTFS drives natively it just can't write to them

7. omnimoeish macrumors member

I'm running Paragon HFS+ 9 on my Windows 7 32 bit and it too makes the computer take about a minute longer (at least) to start up. It doesn't even work, it BSODs my comp when I start transferring files from a HFS+ formatted WD Passport. So I try to uninstall, and it keeps saying uninstall was interrupted and doesn't say why and won't let me. I tried removing with control panel and the original installer. *sigh*