How to uninstall Paralles?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chameleon81, Apr 18, 2008.

1. chameleon81 macrumors 6502

Is there anyway to uninstall Parallels ?

It became annoyingly slow.

2. steveza macrumors 68000

steveza

Drag it into the trash from Applications in Finder.

3. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

Nope.

Parallels installs a large amount of crap in many places.

Double click the downloaded DMG (download it from parallels.com again if need be) and run the uninstaller.

4. steveza macrumors 68000

steveza

Really - wow I thought it was a bit better than that. I need to take it off my mini and put fusion on so I'll test that out.

5. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

Fusion isn't entirely different - just that it doesn't seem to throw as much around. VMWare also puts an uninstaller on its Fusion disk image. My assumption is that virtualization products do need to put stuff in places other than /Applications to provide the functionality they offer.

I'd recommend trying Fusion out. In my experience it's faster - proboably because it does away with all the pointless 'thinks it's pretty but actually is just childish' stuff in Parallels.

A rule of thumb with removing applications is always use the uninstaller if there is one. For Adobe/Macromedia stuff that counts double.

6. chameleon81 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you guys.

Now I' ll try. I hope nothing bad will happen :)

7. chameleon81 thread starter macrumors 6502

I was able to uninstall but with errors. When VMFusion starts the virtual machine , on the Windows boot screens it shows two options -PAralles and XP pro... Now I have to choose manually XP since Paralles option gives error.