Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tergan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2016
Hey guys,

I'm new to OS X (or now we should say macOS) and I have a couple of questions that I did not found answers to (sufficient ones). Thanks for help! and sorry for my English :)

1) Since I have a school pre-paid MS Office, I don't want Pages, Numbers and Keynote, in fact I've never opened them, because of installing MS Office apps. How can I uninstall them? And/or is it safe?

2) If I uninstall them, I've read that App Store will download them again and again. How to stop this, please?

I hope that you will understand my question, my English is far from being perfect :)

Thanks again and have a nice day!

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Hey guys,

I'm new to OS X (or now we should say macOS) and I have a couple of questions that I did not found answers to (sufficient ones). Thanks for help! and sorry for my English :)

1) Since I have a school pre-paid MS Office, I don't want Pages, Numbers and Keynote, in fact I've never opened them, because of installing MS Office apps. How can I uninstall them? And/or is it safe?

2) If I uninstall them, I've read that App Store will download them again and again. How to stop this, please?

I hope that you will understand my question, my English is far from being perfect :)

Thanks again and have a nice day!

Drag them from the Applications folder to the Trash. This will do no damage.

The App Store will not download them automatically.

Reactions: Weaselboy

Tergan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 11, 2016
I have only 128GB SSD and the extra free space would be nice. Plus I will never use them at all.

Reactions: brandonwc1
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.