How to uninstall Safari 5.1.7?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by nhcowboy1, Oct 14, 2012.

1. nhcowboy1, Oct 14, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2012

nhcowboy1 macrumors 6502

I'm running Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

Installed Safari 5.1.7 a few hours with a bunch of other updates . . . and I hate it! I want it gone!

I need Safari to load my home page whenever I either (1) open Safari or (2) open a new window (with no other windows open). And preferences no longer provides that option! Yes, I realize I can set Safari to open to my home page whenever I open a new window . . . but I don't want to do that. I prefer, when I already have one or more windows already open, that any new page open to my current page. Of course, I know I sound terribly unreasonable . . . but that's the way all prior versions of Safari have worked, and they suited me just fine!

Opening Safari to a blank window, and then having to switch to my home page seems a trivial effort . . . but I work on deadline, and every moment it takes me to get to my home page is time lost when I can least afford it.

So, how do I get this thing off my computer??? . . . and return to an earlier version?

2. nhcowboy1 thread starter macrumors 6502

kryten2 -

Thank you!!! There's a quite a bit to read through, but it looks like there are several solutions . . . thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction!!!