How to UNinstall Stocks.app

XheartcoreboyX

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
So i installed iPhone apps on my ipod touch 1.1.1 using Jailbreak-latest version- .. but i do not want the Stocks.app thing...

1-How can i remove it ??

2-How can i order the icons..and change the dock icons-Mac user- ??

Thanks billions !

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2007
So i installed iPhone apps on my ipod touch 1.1.1 using Jailbreak-latest version- .. but i do not want the Stocks.app thing...

1-How can i remove it ??

2-How can i order the icons..and change the dock icons-Mac user- ??

Thanks billions !
to remove stocks
use the client u used to put stocks on and remove it from there

to reorder icons
use the program called iorder it should be in this forum

dagored

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2007
Florida
to remove stocks
use the client u used to put stocks on and remove it from there

to reorder icons
use the program called iorder it should be in this forum
OP has a Mac. Customize in Installer app. Do a search. You will be rewarded.

bdsmyth

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2007
Use Transit, but how?

Simple - On a Mac - I use Transmit. - SFPT to your Touch - open Applications and select Stocks app and delete.
I read through the forum to understand how to remove the stocks app. I downloaded Transmit, but when the I run it I don't see an option to connect to my touch. My touch synchs with itunes no problem, but it doesn't appear as a device. I used jailbreak and everything went fine, but I'm not sure if its changed some setting that needs to be reset etc.

So, I really would appreciate some help on how to use Transmit, a dummy's step by step guide if you have the time.

Thanks
Barry

alana22

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2007
Seattle
I read through the forum to understand how to remove the stocks app. I downloaded Transmit, but when the I run it I don't see an option to connect to my touch. My touch synchs with itunes no problem, but it doesn't appear as a device. I used jailbreak and everything went fine, but I'm not sure if its changed some setting that needs to be reset etc.

So, I really would appreciate some help on how to use Transmit, a dummy's step by step guide if you have the time.

Thanks
Barry
barry,

to delete an app, download cyberduck and do the following:

click the "open connection" logo in cyberduck
click the dropdown menu and select->SFTP (not regular FTP)
server=the ip address for your iPod touch, which you get in settings->wifi->properties->IP address
for your username, enter=root
and for your password, enter=alpine

now connect to your touch (make sure it is on and not in sleeping mode)

once you are inside your iPod touch, navigate to the /Applications/ directory and delete the folder(s) for the program(s) you want to remove. Now restart your touch and the icon(s) for the program(s) you just deleted will be gone. voila.

bdsmyth

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2007
Thanks

I did that and it worked perfectly! The missing information was the logon user ID and password. Thanks hugely!

Barry

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.