iPad How to Unjailbreak iPad mini 6.0 (10A406)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kdesign7, Nov 24, 2013.

1. kdesign7 macrumors 6502a

Ok so let me explain

I've been on ios 6.0 on my iPad mini for quiet awhile... and I was ok with that. There was just that ONE extra Cydia tweak that I really loved. (amongst Barrel... that's an amazing tweak!)

I can't seem to remove the jailbreak... so that I can restore to the latest firmware, iOS 7.

I'm not new to these forum boards, I love it here! Just haven't posted anything in awhile -- and This one has been giving my head a spin for the last few days... What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Btw. It started to snow here today.

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Have you tried plugging in to your computer, opening iTunes, and selecting update? That, or back up and hit restore, then restore from your backup.

3. kdesign7, Nov 24, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2013

kdesign7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I swear to g*d, if thats the case -- Im gonna smack myself hard.

It is downloading now... just over a 1gig.. wow.. big update :)

---

OOH NO.. I get this popup.
    It tells me that my device isn't eligble for the update? .. which I am assuming is because I am jailbroken.

Is there a way to just 'reset' the iPad mini itself from within settings? I did actually try that, but it just hangs for a longgg time.. and doesnt do anything. I have to manually restart it...

Should I waiting longer? (it was hanging for 10 minutes)
    Or something else?
    :)

Seriously... I appreciate any feedback! THX

4. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

Just restore it in iTunes, make sure to sync all your data and photos off it to your computer first since it is going to wipe it clean.

5. kdesign7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

.. :) Yup, I definitely did that. Having a backup only took a few minutes, and its a good thing :)

Ok so... I did a follow along with a youtube video about Editing my Host file, and removing all of the gs.apple.com entries... and well, its in the restore mode right now.. I Can tell its iOS 7 because the logo is MASSIVE lol. Ok well, maybe NOT massive, but bigger than beforeee! :)