How to unjailbreak iphone 3gs without upgrading

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by xlwl, Dec 23, 2011.

1. xlwl macrumors newbie

Hello I have trouble restoring my iphone back to iOS 4.3.3. Currently it is jailbroken with 4.3.3. Now I want to unjailbreak the phone back to its original 4.3.3. I go to iTunes and try to restore it back to 4.3.3, but I get an error device isn't eligible for build. I have tried unchecking TinyUmbrellas host files box, but the error still shows up. How can I remove the jailbreak from this phone while keeping it at 4.3.3?

2. Love Juice macrumors regular

it's been a while, but you might want to try 4.1. last i checked a month or so ago, it was still being signed by :apple:

besides current fw's, idk what other ones are still being signed.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, 4.1 is still singed for the 3GS so you can download the official ipsw and restore to that.
    Also open cydia and look on the top of the page to see what firmware versions you have blobs for.
    You can restore to any of those using a stock non jailbroken firmware file.

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

If you have no SHSH blobs save and want to restore back to 4.3.3, then try iFaith. Otherwise, go to 4.1, it is still signed as of 20 minutes ago. I just did one.

5. xlwl thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks 4.1 works, but now I get error 1015 while restoring. What now?

6. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

The 1015 is normal if your baseband is higher than the one that 4.1 normally comes with. The OS would have restored normally and you should have no problem you may need to use Tiny Umbrella to kick it out of recovery.