How to unjailbreak?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by User12399, May 9, 2010.

1. User12399 macrumors newbie

I've decided that jailbreak isn't for me and I want to go back to it's normal OS.

How do I unjailbreak without losing any data (like apps, music, contacts and photos).

I jailbroke my iPhone 3GS 3.1.3 with the new SpiritJB.

Thanks in advance.

2. anthdci macrumors 6502

restore your phone through itunes. The backed up data will be sent to your phone and ill be back stock.

Can I ask why its not for you? I couldnt use a none jailbroken iphone, it gives so much more functionality.

3. Geoff. macrumors 6502

Geoff.

Im the exact same as the OP (3GS 3.1.3 and want to go back) and i have already restored.

I loved the ability the tweak the phone and and theme it and what not.

But it drained my phone/lagged my phone and made my battery act weird

so i restored.

4. User12399 thread starter macrumors newbie

If I do that all my data will stay in tact right? Just the jailbreak will be gone?

After I jailbroke it the battery life decreased dramatically and also I want to use OS 4 as soon as it comes out.

5. Geoff. macrumors 6502

Geoff.

Well when you restore everything is wiped. You have the option to use a backup from the last time you syned but i chose not to since the last backup will be from when you were jailbroken. I think the backup will only put the non-jailbroken stuff back on the phone but i wanted to start from scratch.

And yes i totally argee about battery life

6. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

I jailbroke my 3gs on Monday morning and have not experienced any of the problems you are talking about other than the battery meter was flashing back and forth but that only did it once or twice. my battery is drained just as much as it always is. you have to remember these iPhones are always busy working so it will drain the battery. I repair iPhones and sell them and have several that I have charged and the battery will stay up for several days with no sim card in them.

7. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

How did you lag a 3GS?

8. Geoff. macrumors 6502

Geoff.

I really don't know. The apps took longer to load and icons took longer to load on screen when i clicked home, i also had a crap battery life and a eratic battery meter like others have complained about. Im back on stock firmware and things are nice and fast now