How to unlock a Spanish iPhone 6

shot.caller

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2015
Hi. I bought a Spanish iPhone 64GB recently and unfortunately, the phone has turned out to be locked. Is there any way to get it unlocked from a website as I don't live in Spain. I have been searching various forums but I'm unable to dig up any info on this. Can anyone help me?

BaggieBoy

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2012
UK
iPhones can only be unlocked by Apple when the original carrier instructs them too. There are no 3rd party unlocks.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
iPhones can only be unlocked by Apple when the original carrier instructs them too. There are no 3rd party unlocks.
There's many many 3rd party imei unlocks. Where you been all these years?
Op find out what exact carrier its locked to and search to purchase an unlock.
There's plenty on eBay and many sites that sell them.

alstrike

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2011
Spain
Hi. I bought a Spanish iPhone 64GB recently and unfortunately, the phone has turned out to be locked. Is there any way to get it unlocked from a website as I don't live in Spain. I have been searching various forums but I'm unable to dig up any info on this. Can anyone help me?
All smartphones sold in Spain are unlocked, even the ones from a carrier. IIRC there was a law introduced in 2014 that required all phones to be sold unlocked or to be unlocked by carriers at no extra cost, and that includes iPhones.

If you bought the iPhone under your name you shouldn't have any problems contacting the carrier and getting it unlocked.