How to unlock an iphone 3g while using itunes 10?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mortmonster, Apr 24, 2011.

1. mortmonster macrumors newbie

Hi I have a spanish iphone. I have previously jailbroken it so that I can use a UK sim card. However after leaving the phone with my ex to use she decided to reset it!!! So now I can no longer use it!!!!

So my question is, can someone please tell me how to do this on a macbook using itunes 10. I have tried googling this... however all of the links are working for iphone 3gs and not 3g!

Any help would be mightily appreciated. Thanks

EDIT I do know know what firmware its using. At the moment all the iphone will do it tell me to plug into itunes who then tells me that my sim is not supported!

2. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Myzhi

3. mortmonster thread starter macrumors newbie

Attached Files:

4. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Myzhi

You can only software unlock using the hack 6.15 iPad baseband. Read up about known problems with it before doing it.

5. mortmonster thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't care about any problems. I want to get it working. Can you please tell me how I can do this? Thanks

6. fried-gold macrumors member

1.Download Pawnge tool, creaste a custom IPSW using the official 4.2.1 IPSW (the latest you can get on a 3g).
    2. Follow the instructions to put your phone into DFU mode.
    3. Hold alt (mac) or Shift (pc) and click restore.
    4. When the box pops up select the custom IPSW you created in step 1.
    5. Wait for the IPhone to restore, then run redsn0w, make sure you select install iPhone baseband box, and cydia. If you want check the multitasking/wallpaper boxes.
    6. Follow the instructions and wait, now you have a jailbroken phone.
    7. If you need to sim unlock, open up cydia and from the manage menu select the ultrasn0w package. Restart the phone, and you#re done.