How to unlock and jailbreak iPhone 4, 3GS, & iPad 1?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by M-Ego, Jan 21, 2012.

1. M-Ego macrumors newbie

Hi

I'm a first time jailbreaker. I have simple questions and need some thorough answers. Ive done my own research on different tutorials and info on jailbreaking and unlocking but am still confused.

I want to unlock and jailbreak:
    iPhone 4 running iOS 4.1 (8B117) firmware 02.10.04
    iPhone 4 running iOS 5.0 (9A334) firmware 04.11.08
    iPhone 3GS running iOS 5.0.1 firmware 05.16.05
    iPad 1 3G running iOS 5.0.1 (9A405) firmware 07.11.01

- How do I preserve my baseband for all three phones? Is the baseband the firmware number?
    - What jailbreak tool/software should I use to jailbreak and unlock my iPhones? Redsn0w, Pwnagetool, snowbreeze, etc.
    - What's ultrasnow? Is it used to unlock my iPhones and the tools above just to jailbreak? If so, then which above tools have ultrasnow so that I can jailbreak and unlock?
    - Do any of these jailbreak tools not have all the features and functions that iOS 5 have? Eg. Multi-tasking, notification center, multi-gestures

Bonus question: Can jailbreaking my iPhones give me a Siri for my iPhones? If so, how?

Thank you for your help! I'll be waiting for your rambling and bragging. They will help. :D

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You won't be able to unlock that one. No software unlocks for baseband 4.11.08 exist.

3. M-Ego thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks miles01110. But then what's the best way to unlock it? "Up" the baseband or what?

----------

Thank you...

4. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

You've done your own research? What have you done? You seem to have zero knowledge of everything.

5. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

What part of "you won't be able to unlock it" don't you get? :rolleyes: Nothing you can do.

6. M-Ego thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, so do you know if anyone's Working on making it possible?

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Havent heard of them working on an unlock for the i4 on that baseband.
    But I heard about gevey coming out with a new hardware unlock turbo-sim for that version so you never know.
    When its anyone's guess.

8. M-Ego thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. I can't believe right now, there's no way to unlock these two phones (i3gs bb 05.16.05 & i4 bb 04.11.08)! I feel ripped off in a way! I just bought these two expecting that unlocking was no problem like a blackberry or something. I hope something efficient comes out!

Hey, can you give me steps on how to jailbreak the iPad 1 3G? Is it reversible?

----------

Thanks very much for the link.
    Much appreciated!

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You shouldnt assume anything.
    Research and learn before you purchase thinking this and that can be done because a blackberrry or any other phone does this or the other.
    About JB the ipad or any other iOS device check out this site for step by steps: http://www.iclarified.com/tutorials/index.php

10. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

You can unlock the 3GS, but you need to research the ipad bb to look at the disadvantages.

11. labman macrumors 604

labman

you should have researched all this before before you bought your phones. You assumed and you know how the saying goes. ;) Don't worry though your not the 1st and you won't be the last.

12. M-Ego thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I know the disadvantages. I think the GPS will be messed up and st else. I don't want that risk. That lowers the value of the iPhone. Is the GPS different from the hardware that the map app uses? I really hope someone cums up with something for this issue. If not, I'm gonna have to sell my phone probably. Thanks anyway.

----------

Thanks. You're right. Thanks for the iPad steps. Man, I wonder how y'all know all this stuff!

13. BlueCore macrumors newbie

Information Req

Good Morning Ladies & Gents,
    I have read these posts and the other information,can someone please clarify as i have just bought a 3gs 32gb on Ebay, stating it was unlocked to find that it is not.
    It is Running Version 5.01(9a405)
    Firmware 05.16.05

So if i can read correctly this phone CANNOT be unlocked.
    I would really be thankfull for a quick answer as i need to start a dispute if this is the case :(

Thanks in advance

14. M-Ego thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm on the same place. The only way to unlock the phone is by upping the baseband to an iPad baseband which is 6.15.00. There are some disadvantages that may disable the GPS in the iPhone. I hope they make a solution to avoid these risks.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1255870

15. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Only if it was factory unlocked.