How to unlock AT&T iphone 6S :-(((

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rafch, Oct 26, 2015.

1. rafch macrumors newbie

Hi,

I bought 3 "unlocked" iphones 6S from an ebay user in USA with very good evaluations. In fact they are absolutely NOT unlocked, DAMN !!! The user unsubscribed now and I'm stuck with these expensive device in Europe. The description was wrong and very confusing. Paypal and ebay will takes months for nothing.

I hope that a IMEI unlock service could help me. I did the 9.1 update with my local SIM card but it's the same situation : iphone is locked to an unknow provide (seems to be AT&T, model is A1633)
    • Do you have any advise for me please ?
    • Like an unlock service that WORKS with iphone 6S?
    Damn I'm sooooooooooo frustrated :-((((

Thanks for your help!

2. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Did you pay by PayPal? If so, raise a "Substantially not as described" case with them

3. iphonedude2008 macrumors 65816

iphonedude2008

Make a case with eBay and Paypal. They are very good about this thing as they almost always side with the buyer.

4. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

What the other posters said. And don't take a partial refund in exchange for unlocking them yourself. See the other thread going on with this same issue.

C

5. dave006 macrumors 68020

Have you tried the AT&T Unlock Portal? Just indicate that you are a "Non-AT&T Mobility customer". Note that this will work if the iPhone 6s are currently available to be unlocked.

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/#/unlockrequest

This is worth a try if the devices are not stolen or still tied to an active AT&T contract here in the USA.

Dave

6. iphonedude2008 macrumors 65816

iphonedude2008

Yeah try the link posted above. I was able to unlock a phone that way.

7. rafch, Oct 26, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015

rafch thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your response I'll try the link above. If fact one device is a TMobile, so stuck with 2x ATT and 1x Tmobile, all locked. Terrible

8. iphonedude2008 macrumors 65816

iphonedude2008

Glad we could help. Your last sentence needs some editing

9. rafch thread starter macrumors newbie

AARRRGghhh of course that was too easy :

You have not completed all the payments for your device according to your AT&T Next service agreement.

for both phones. Im OK to pay a service online to unlock it as I'm so frustrated, if you have any idea. THKS

10. iphonedude2008 macrumors 65816

iphonedude2008

11. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I would make a claim with PayPal and eBay, if the seller stops making payments on the devices, the phones will become blacklisted and unusable. I wouldn't risk it.

12. eyeseeyou macrumors 68000

I just used a 3rd party to unlock my att iPhone 6 plus. Not sure it will work for you but if you want the contact PM me

13. Sossity macrumors 6502a

am in the exact same boat as you, I may have no hope of fixing my problem, but as one loster said, do not accept any compromises, get a full and complete refund.

for me I can only hope I can find an unlocking service

14. SisterBlue22 macrumors 6502

SisterBlue22

Open a SNAD (Significantly Not As Described) claim ASAP with PayPal. Not with eBay - with PayPal. You can only open a case with one or the other, and PayPal is WAY quicker and easier to deal with than eBay. You should be instructed to send the phones back and a full refund should be provided to you.

15. iphonedude2008 macrumors 65816

iphonedude2008

Agreed. Do that

16. Switchback666 macrumors 68000

Switchback666

I once purchased a softbank iPhone and had problems with the unlock, turns out the phone was a replacement and was never activated so i had to use another service first to get the IMEI of the original phone and get unlocked that way; it seems that the phones are tied to the original replacement.

Its possible your phones were never activated.

A "... not as described" claim with paypal will probably get you a full refund without even having to return the phones.

17. SisterBlue22 macrumors 6502

SisterBlue22

No, PayPal will make you provide a tracking number for the return before they will process the refund.

18. loveidevices macrumors newbie

loveidevices

You can do a imei check online to confirm if they are unlocked or you can put a local sim card and connect to iTunes. Make sure the sim card is active. If the imei check show 'Locked' status - then contact AT&T to unlock the devices for you.