how to unlock iphone 5s .. please help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tm0000, Nov 23, 2016.

1. tm0000 macrumors regular

Hi,

I am thinking of buying the iphone 5s tomorrow at walmart. It's $99 and works on Straight Talk Wireless.

Does anyone know of any third party websites that could unlock the phone for me? I want to give it to a relative in India (GSM networks).

I would appreciate some help, please.

Thanks

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I don't think there are any legitimate unlock sites left since most carriers will unlock them for you when you pay off the phone so they don't have much business.

3. Reno Raines macrumors 6502a

Straight talk will unlock after one year of service.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

The whole idea of you getting the phone for such a low price is to use the carrier service for a year. Were you going to pay for the monthly service while the phone was used in India?

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Wow, that is a good deal for an iphone 5S but usually good deals come with a catch.
    And like mentioned above you have to use the carrier for a full year.
    If you want an unlocked one try buying one full price from apple or look at Swappa for unlocked devices that you can use with any gsm carrier in the world.

6. Reno Raines macrumors 6502a

I use straight talk for my work phone. I got the 5s 16gb iPhone from Walmart at $149 last summer. It was a great deal. Straight talks policy though is that you have to use it on network for one year before they will unlock it. You can call customer service but my experience with that is it is hit or miss. The one good thing about this phone is that it is the world model. I could choose from any of the four carriers to use in terms of network. It may come with a verizon sim but I popped an AT&T/Straight talk sim in it and it works fine. I have seen straight talk listed on some unlock sites but I would be very wary of using those.