How to unlock this iphone with my current baseband

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Eyefone, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Eyefone macrumors newbie

Ok here it is. I have an iphone, it is jail broken. It is running on 4.3.3. And my baseband is 05.16.02. Which means installing ultrasnow wont work because of my new baseband. Im stuck on what to do now. Any help would be very appreciated.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You cant unlock with the current baseband version.
    Only option would be to install the ipad BB but there are issues that can come up with that option so research before you decide.

3. Epic Orange macrumors member

Epic Orange

The only two issues with the iPad Baseband, is that you cannot restore to any official Apple firmware, and that you lose your warranty. For me, I would not unlock right now...

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

And you lose your gps function.
    To me that's very important.

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

if your going to tell somebody the risk tell them all the risk or your better of telling them to read up on it 1st. here it is from the Dev-team. a little more then two issues imo. some people are very happy with 06.15 but that is up to them to decide.

WARNING — YOU DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK! PLEASE UNDERSTAND THE CONSEQUENCES OF UPDATING TO 06.15.

There is no way to come back down from 06.15, and there’s no hiding the baseband version from Apple. You’ll be voiding your warranty in a very obvious way.
    If some future baseband comes out with a critical fix, you won’t be able to update to it if it remains down in the 05.xx sequence (then again, you wouldn’t update to it if you wanted to keep your unlock anyway).
    Starting with FW 4.2.1 if you have 06.15 on your iPhone you won’t ever be able to restore to stock firmware (it will fail). You’ll need to only restore to custom IPSWs (then again, if you’re unlocker you should already be doing that).

Unlockers have been reporting mixed results about GPS functionality at 06.15.00. Until we can track down what differentiates those who retain GPS vs. those who lose it, be conservative and assume you’ll lose GPS at 06.15.00. As we work on finding the cause (and possibly a fix), please report your personal findings in our comments section. (Update: early indications are that while 06.15.00 is capable of GPS, it will require some further hacks. But please still be conservative and assume you will lose GPS at 06.15, in case the hacks don’t work).

Certainly don’t update to 06.15 if you don’t need to! Only do this if you need the unlock and you’re stuck on 05.14 or 05.15, and you’re willing to assume the above risks.

6. Epic Orange macrumors member

Epic Orange

I picked out the main points... I even remembered 2 of them. Sorry for calling me an overachiever. :rolleyes:

7. labman, Jun 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2011

labman macrumors 604

labman

that would be a underachiever actually! ;) (just saying) As applejuiced said I think losing GPS is pretty damn huge too.

point is you stat like it's a fact that there are only two issues. it would been better to state here are a couple issues I remember. I not trying to be a jerk. just if your going to state something be careful.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

The main points huh? You need way more research if you think those are the main drawbacks when installing the ipad bb 06.15.00
    Then you can come and try to give advice.

9. Epic Orange macrumors member

Epic Orange

Relax man. Obviously, you and me both know that there is going to be issues when using iPad Baseband... Besides, were all trying to help out each other. I was just joking, but I do realize that it is important to give all facts, as it is important to give the best and right advice. However, were not perfect... :)