How to unpartition hard drive

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by musicfan88, Mar 17, 2010.

1. musicfan88 macrumors newbie

I'm running snow leopard, and a few months ago I partitioned my hard drive following the gizmodo post on how to dual boot with windows 7. I wanted to run windows 7 because I needed to use the music software Pro Tools, and I only had the installation disk for windows. Anyway, everything went fine, but i'm not able to use pro tools because when i try recording it comes up with errors because I have partitioned the drive and it cannot allocate the correct space.

Long story short, I'd like to unpartition and get it back to the way it was before when I was only running OSX. I have pro tools on the mac side now, but it won't work there either because of the partition.

I did backup using time machine before I installed windows, but I haven since added new files that I don't want to be deleted if I restore to back then..

I'm not sure at all how to go about this, so I hope you all can help. It's much appreciated. Thanks!

2. Dozerrox macrumors 6502

Firstly, I don't think your problems are due to the partition... I expect you'll see the same problems afterwards.

But, I believe you can delete the partition with Disk Utility.

3. itommyboy macrumors 6502a

itommyboy

You can also simply run Boot Camp Assistant again (it's in Applications ~ Utilities) - hit continue - and follow along it gives you the option to blow away your partition.

4. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

correct, but it cant "merge" the partition back with your OSX partition.

5. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

+1

Of course if throws errors you'll need to defrag it but hopefully that won't happen.

6. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

or deleting some stuff off of your osx partition works as well i think.:confused: