How to UNSYNC Facebook information?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Anson225, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Anson225 macrumors newbie

Hi, I clicked the updated contacts in the new Facebook settings and now all my contacts have their Facebook pictures and username inside my contact.

For some reason I want to remove them all but it seems they are stuck in the iCloud... any suggestions on how to quickly unsync them all instead of deleting one by one?

Thank you

2. standingquiet macrumors 6502

standingquiet

3. Anson225 thread starter macrumors newbie

no, what i meant was the "update contacts" button at the bottom of the Facebook settings, which add the profile pictures and a Facebook username to my EXISTING contacts.

Is there anyway to undo these? (if anyone had used Facebook app's own feature before, there is a way to unsync)

BUT does apple has a way to unsync?

Thanks all

4. RossMacca macrumors regular

If you ever figure this out, can you post the solution here?

I think you're on the same boat as me. I WANT my current contacts (iCloud) to be synced with Facebook, ie, profile photos, such that their faces show up on my iPhone for messages, calls etc. But I DON'T WANT the photos to actually merge into my iCloud contact. This leaves my contacts with 2 'Facebook' fields which looks silly.

I hope you get what I'm trying to say, and this the same as what you're experiencing?

5. Anson225 thread starter macrumors newbie

not quite the same but i gave up and made peace with it lol

when u click "update contacts", their profile picture and Facebook account will be stuck to your iCloud contacts. See there's no little "f" icon at the corner of the pic? yeh that pic has been downloaded and is stuck to the account.

To avoid having 2 Facebook fields, just uncheck contacts in the Facebook settings.