How to untether Jailbreak 4.3.1 on iPad 1

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by gigaguy, May 5, 2011.

1. gigaguy, May 5, 2011
    Last edited: May 5, 2011

gigaguy macrumors 65816

All the jailbreak info I see is on 4.2.1 or 4.3.2. I assume I can not upgrade to 4.3.2 as I have no blobs and I assume 4.3.3 is what Apple is signing. what am I missing on 4.3.1?
    I'm downloading redsnow for 4.31 and the 4.3.1 FW. DO i have any options to upgrade the FW and still jailbreak?

2. romeo.xk macrumors 6502a

WHy not wait a bit till the jailbreak for 4.3.3 is released? They already have it working, all they have to do is publish the update...

3. gigaguy thread starter macrumors 65816

yes, that entered my mind, but I'm feeling impatient I guess. just got the ipad1 today, and plan to sell the iPad2 I have. I know it's opposite what most people are doing, I actually had the iPad 1 for a year and sold it when I got the 2. I definitely miss the jailbreak and got the 64gb 3G ipad1 for half the orig price and it seems the iPad2 is still in high demand if I decide to sell it.

honestly, unless you gotta have the cameras; with a jailbreak, the iPad1 does most everything the iPad2 does for half the price. plus I got bad news about my company and job today so selling off some unneeded luxuries might help.

4. TheGenerous macrumors 6502a

TheGenerous

5. gigaguy, May 6, 2011
    Last edited: May 6, 2011

gigaguy thread starter macrumors 65816

Yes, I have jb'd many devices, but it's been a while. As I see it, I can not jbreak 4.3.1 on my iPad, w/o blobs right? w/o blobs saved you can only jbreak the current FW Apple is signing correct?

I thought you could jb older FW than your device is on, but I think that is wrong, unless you have blobs??
    and the devteam blob says 'Redsn0w jailbreaks, it does not upgrade firmware.'
    how do you do that. I tried to jb with the 4.31 FW and it errorred with iTunes.

I see the 4.3.3 untether jb is out and I'll do that I guess.

6. romeo.xk macrumors 6502a

Not sure if you saw that they said there was an error when uploading the file, if you are having a hard time, try this link (Posted by ih8sn0w a few mins ago on twitter... In case you did not see it...

http://ih8sn0w.com/index.php/welcome.snow