How to untether jailbreak iOS 4.3 on iPhone 4???

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by braxton34, Apr 20, 2012.

1. braxton34 macrumors member

I only have SHSH for iOS 4.3 on my iPhone 4 and I'm trying to use Furiousmod with a Gevey Ultra to unlock the phone. Jailbreakme.com does not seem to be compatible with Furiousmod, so I'm stuck with a RedSn0w Jailbreak.

My problem is no matter what I try or no matter what version of Redsn0w, my jailbreak is always tethered in iOS 4.3.
    Is there any solution to a 4.3 untethered jb without using Jailbreakme.com??

Thanks!

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

According to the applenberry website Gevey Ultra works with 4.3 which you can jailbreak with jailbreak me.com

Which BB do you have?

3. braxton34 thread starter macrumors member

Yes, the Gevey Ultra works fine on my iOS 4.3 with baseband 4.10.01 but I must use the manual method by dialling 112 etc.
    Furiousmod installed through Cydia makes everything automatic, which is what I want to do.
    But Furiousmod installs with errors if jailbroken with Jailbreakme.com and subsequently doesn't work.
    Furiousmod works if used with Redsn0w-installed cydia, but then the 4.3 jailbreak is always tethered (which defeats the purpose).
    I find it strange that the jailbreakme exploit was provided to the DevTeam, but they failed to incorporate it into 4.3 (Redsn0w only works untethered for 4.3.1, 4.3.2 and 4.3.3).
    Hoping someone found a way....

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Not only does the Jailbreakme interfere with FuriousMod but it is not compatible with iOS4.

5. braxton34 thread starter macrumors member

I'm not sure what you mean?
    Jailbreakme.com 3.0 does seem to be compatible with iOs 4.3 as far as I can tell. It installs and I get an untethered jailbreak where everything seems to work fine, except for FuriousMod :mad:

6. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Using jailbreakme interferes with using a Gevey sim (or so it is said)
    If your experience is different, then that is good

7. braxton34 thread starter macrumors member

The Gevey unlock appeared to work fine with the Jailbreakme.com jailbreak, it's just that I needed to do the manual method as furiousmod wasn't working.

I still find it strange that RedSnow or Snowbreeze does not have an untethered jb for 4.3 ????

8. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Why invest time in developing a tool which isn't necessary because jailbreakme.com does it already for all idevice…..

9. braxton34 thread starter macrumors member

Well they invested time for 4.3.1, 4.3.2 and 4.3.3 (all of which jailbreakme.com already covered), so why not 4.3???

10. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Btw did you try redsn0w 9.9b5 to get an untether on 4.3.0?

11. braxton34 thread starter macrumors member

Tethered......