How to update all podcasts in iTunes 1.2.1?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Doc69, May 28, 2014.

1. Doc69 macrumors 6502

Since updating to the latest iTunes I can't find a way to force an update of all podcasts. You can still right-click on each individual podcast, but the update all button at the lower right corner is gone. Nor can you right-click on the Podcast sidebar item either.

I know that iTunes updates everything automatically after a while, but I want to be able to force an update immediately upon start.

2. mattspace macrumors 6502a

mattspace

At the top of the podcast window there's a little refresh type circular arrow. Of course you could be mistaken for not noticing, given it has no tooltip.

3. Doc69 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks! I totally did not see that. I guess I'm used to looking only at the right part of the screen for settings and preferences etc. However, it would seem more logical to me if they had put this new refresh button on the right side instead, next to the wish list button. But hey, what do I know!

I spoke with Apple support in another matter a couple of days ago, and asked this question as well. No one there knew anything about this button either.

4. DJTaurus macrumors 65816

DJTaurus

Why podcasts on Mac don't sync with what the ios podcast app ? I mean I have added new podcast channels on ios podcast app which don't show up on Mac.

5. iMacBooked macrumors 6502a

iMacBooked

I really hate the whole podcast system since iOS 7. It's one of the points they should start to improve, certainly the syncing issues..