How to update drivers etc in Windows 7?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ozreth, Aug 30, 2013.

1. ozreth macrumors 65816

ozreth

So if I install Windows 7 via bootcamp on my 2010 13" MBP, and then pop in the OSX Install disc it will give me all of the apple updates, drivers etc that I need correct? And if so, will this all be up to date, or will it all be stuck in 2010, when the disc was made?

I ask because I am installing to play a new computer game and I would like to have everything up to date as possible to ensure that it runs smoothly.

Thanks!

2. leman macrumors 604

To update the video driver (which is the most important bit), download and install the driver from the GPU vendor. The 2010 model uses the Nvidia 320M, so you'll have to get Nvidia drivers.

3. xcodeSyn macrumors 6502a

Your OS X install disc doesn't have Windows drivers, you need to use a USB drive to download Windows drivers from Apple's server as explained here. Boot Camp 5 is only for 64-bit Windows 7 and 8, use Boot Camp 4 for other Windows versions. You should find everything regarding Boot Camp starting from here. If you want the latest video driver, then download from the GPU vendor as suggested previously.

4. chrfr macrumors 603

2010 era Mac install disks did, in fact, have Boot Camp drivers on a Windows partition. Otherwise you're correct that the downloads from Apple will result in newer drivers and should be used over those on the install DVD.

5. xcodeSyn macrumors 6502a

Thanks for your correction. I never bothered to check the disc before and stand corrected.

6. ozreth thread starter macrumors 65816

ozreth