how to update the firewarm on jailbroken ipad?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by stark4, Jun 30, 2011.

1. stark4 macrumors 6502

i have jailbroken ipad and i want to update to 4.3.3.

1)Do i need to erase all content and settings before updating? or can i just update without doing anything? if so what will happen to the current apps? is it going stop working?

2) And Also if i want to do the clean install of the latest version how can i do that? is there a step by step guide?

thanks

2. mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

I updated my jb iPad to 4.3.3 a few weeks ago and all I did a restore and update. But first I went through all my Cydia tweaks, made sure they were disabled and uninstalled, and uninstalled everything from Cydia. (I'm just paranoid) Then I did the Restore+Update and restored from a backup. Everything was fine! But make sure you backup after uninstalling everything from cydia!

3. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

Since iOS 4.3.3 is the current firmware version you can simply just update it in iTunes. You will need to jailbreak again afterwards and reinstall all your former Cydia apps though. You don't need to do any of the paranoia steps suggested by mgmusicman94 as the firmware update will take care of that for you.

I used Redsn0w to jailbreak my iPad after updating to iOS 4.3.3 and all went smoothly as expected. It's an untethered jailbreak too which is nice.