How to update the latest Boot Camp Drivers for Windows?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by hajime, Mar 16, 2008.

1. hajime macrumors 68030

I installed Bootcamp on my MBP using the Leopard DVD which came out last Fall. Since 10.5.2 has been out, I suppose that there have been updates on the Boot Camp Drivers for Windows. Anybody knows how to get and install the latest drivers? Thanks.

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

You should have Apple Software Update loaded on Windows as well. I don't think there have been any updates recently.

3. ro152 macrumors newbie

my vista wont recognize my drivers

hi i have a problem my vista wont recognize the drivers for isight and a lot of other things. I also tried going into bootcamp and seeing if there are any driver stuff for windows. But i couldnt find anything can you help plz. i saw on this website that you have to show the contents of your bootcamp assistant and then you can see some exe file for drivers. But i didnt see it.
    thanks.

4. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

To make sure you have the drivers that are most current for XP SP3, Vista 32 bit or Vista 64 bit go to the Apple Boot Camp Support page and download the Boot Camp 2.1 package (which is only drivers with an installer) on the right hand side of the page. Be sure to pick the version of the package appropriate for your version of Windows.

Transfer the .exe file to the Windows side (via Flash Drive or whatever method you chooose) and double click it in Windows. It will then install the latest driver set that has come out of Apple and will address several driver issues in the appropriate Windows version.

5. bobsbarricades macrumors regular

the thing is... drivers for video cards are often getting upgrades to improve performance (especially for games) so *my* question is what options there are for getting our hands on these updated drivers. Workarounds? I heard something about laptopvideo2go.com but I'd love a step by step by someone that has updated their drivers.

Thanks guys!

[edit] and Merry Christmas!!!!

6. bobsbarricades macrumors regular

7. NonitoAV macrumors newbie

Windows 7 partition on my Mac.

I have the same problem like this before..making some extra space for Windows 7 partition on my Mac.
    I inserted my Snow Leopard DVD and used the Disk utility program and repaired my whole HDD using “repair disk”. After disk repair I tried to make a FAT partition of 30GB and it worked! Now I used bootcamp assistant and Windows 7 DVD and found that it cannot be installed on FAT, so I formatted that partition in NTFS using Win 7 utility. I was afraid that it might screw my Mac installation but nothing happened, everything went smoothly.
    And some other way is defragmenting using 2009 software like pc health advisor

8. sup3r1or macrumors regular

I just made a guide on how to update nvidia drivers. BUT BEFORE U DO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE updated your bootcamp this can be done through Apple Update in windows.

As for nvidia driver check out the thread I made here http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1029926