How to update to ios 8.1.2

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by FreshJR, Mar 25, 2015.

1. FreshJR macrumors newbie

Currently I am jailbroken on ios 8.1.

Something happened and now my personal hotspot refuses to work. It will toggle on and broadcast SSID, but then in will not DHCP assign ip addresses. This makes the laptop/ipad timeout and get a 169.x.x.x address and the blue status bar saying 1 client does not pop up on the iphone :mad:.

Anyway, I guess something must have gotten corrupted. I am not using tetherme since I have 3GB tether included with tmobile.

I know apple is only signing 8.1.3 and 8.2 right now.

Does this mean I cannot upgrade to 8.1.2?

Sidenote, any idea on how I could fix the hotspot to work again. I can grab system files off another iphone, I just dont know which ones. It would save me time rather then reconfiguring all my tweaks. I booted mobile subtrate in safe mode so I know its not one of the tweaks, I only have like 7.

2. chrfr macrumors 603

This is correct. There is no way to update to 8.1.2 now. Even 8.1.3 is no longer being signed.

3. Rodster macrumors 68040

Whatever Apple is currently signing is what you can install. That goes for all future updates.

4. FreshJR thread starter macrumors newbie

Is it possible to put the computer offline and shift+restore the update through itunes?

If I click restore in itunes, will that restore 8.1 to its virgin state. I don't need 8.1.2

5. chrfr macrumors 603

No. 8.2 is your option and there's no workaround.

6. Rodster macrumors 68040

No because iTunes will call an get the latest signed version from Apple before it attempts a restore to your device. If you tried that you'd probably get a message saying to connect to the internet.

7. FreshJR thread starter macrumors newbie

they got me :apple: by my balls

8. NYCkid macrumors newbie

NYCkid

9. FreshJR thread starter macrumors newbie

I downloaded MyWi. Its works and would say has a lot more features than native.

It is pretty expensive to purchase but they do have a free 3 day trial if you just need it for a short burst. I will ride out the trial since I only need tethering until friday.

Some point in the future when another jailbreak exploit is released, I will restore and get native tethering going again.

It was broken in 8.1 anyway. When it used to work to connection was intermittent and USB tethering never worked at all. I just hope they dont burn another jailbreak exploit too soon, they are getting hard to find. Save it for ios9.