How to upgrade a JB iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by lyllo, Nov 23, 2010.

1. lyllo macrumors newbie

hello guys,

let's start with a noobish question by a newbie user! :D

i salute you all, first of all..

then, I have jailbroken my ipad and now i am interested in performing the upgrade to ios 4.2
    now..

1) what if i upgraded via itunes?
    2) in order to have all the programs i installed previously, back in the 4.2 ipad... what should i do?

ty..

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

You should start reading the hacks section for iPhone. Even though it's not the same device, a lot of relevant information can be gleaned. Of course, you should read this forum and learn to do searches on macrumors.
    People are less likely to help when you ask lazy questions--like the ones you're asking. If you ask questions that show you've done your research, you're more likely to get help.
    FYI, the new iOS is 4.2.1; 4.2 was the beta. It may be nitpicky, but you'll find jb requires attention on your part--especially if you screw up.
    1. You lose any jb you had before; this also applies if you reset all settings.
    2a. Check if your jb programs are 4.2.1 compatible.
    2b. JB the iPad and reinstall the compatible programs. There are backup programs available for Cydia programs, like pkgbackup. I don't use it so I don't know how much it costs.