How to upgrade at AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AWallen90, Oct 8, 2011.

1. AWallen90 macrumors 6502

I'm kind of a noob when it comes to upgrading. I have never bought a new iPhone before and am wondering if I have to bring in all the phones I was to upgrade.

Here's the situation everyone in my family wants in iPhone and we all have upgrades available. Can I go in and buy all the phones and just pop the sims in? Or do I need to have all their phones in hand? None of the current phones have micro sims if that changes anything.

Thanks guys.

2. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

You can just go in and buy the new phones.

When they setup the new phones it will deactivate the old sim at the same time.

The only reason you'd need to bring in the old phone is if you needed them to move over contacts for you.

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

iPhones come with the sim inside and ready to activate. It.s the same if you have them sent from at&t or apple.

4. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

you can just buy them and the will give you NEW sim cards (mini size to fit the iPhone); The SIM cards you have in your old phones will be deactivated remotely at that same moment so make sure they don't need to use their phone at that moment forward until you give them the new iPhones'.:cool: