Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jottle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 17, 2003
Maybe I'm just overthinking this, but Apple never posted a KB article about how to upgrade an existing bootcamp partition with the new snow leopard bootcamp 3.0 drivers. I'm assuming if you already have bootcamp 2.1 you boot up in boot camp and then insert the snow leopard disc in order to upgrade the drivers to 3.0 correct? Or do I have to erase my stupid bootcamp partition and reinstall it all over again using the new leopard boot camp assistant in order to get to 3.0?

Jottle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 17, 2003
What about inserting the SL disc, like you have to with the Leopard disc?

oops. That was a typo in my original post. Fixed. I'm assuming you just have to insert the snow leopard disc to use the new 3.0 drivers, correct?

dimme

macrumors 68040
Feb 14, 2007
SF, CA
I updated my windows 7 install but just putting in the SL disk and clicked on install boot camp.

PowermacG5

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2003
Grand Rapids, MI
Very Interested

i am thinking the same things. I plan on putting snow leopard disc into my imac while booted in to windows to see what happens later this weekend.

GeekLawyer

macrumors 68020
oops. That was a typo in my original post. Fixed. I'm assuming you just have to insert the snow leopard disc to use the new 3.0 drivers, correct?

Yes. Run the installer on the SL disc while bootcamped into Windows. As I recall there are three options once the installer opens. The third is the one that will update your Bootcamp to 3.0. I didn't have any trouble with my XP partition after upgrading.

ecran

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2009
I still have problems upgrading my windows xp boot camp 2.1 to 3.0. I inserted sl disk and I ran the installation option under BootCamp drivers.

Then I get the error mesage: Boot Camp installer completed. The installer encountered errors before Boot Camp could be configured. To try these operations at a later time, please run the installer again.

I have ran it several times with the same result. Anybody getting this error message?

I'm running Bootcamp 2.1 on Windows XP SP3 on an early 2009 Unibody MBP.

RITZFit

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2007
Just around the river bend
I think 3.0 has some sort of conflict w/ sp3. After a fresh boot camp installation w/ xp sp2 I used the 3.0 drivers from SL off the bat. When I tried to run sp3 I was given some error which resulted in the installer quitting without undoing it's changes (screwed my installation...)

Trinite

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2010
I still have problems upgrading my windows xp boot camp 2.1 to 3.0. I inserted sl disk and I ran the installation option under BootCamp drivers.

Then I get the error mesage: Boot Camp installer completed. The installer encountered errors before Boot Camp could be configured. To try these operations at a later time, please run the installer again.

I have ran it several times with the same result. Anybody getting this error message?

I'm running Bootcamp 2.1 on Windows XP SP3 on an early 2009 Unibody MBP.

Hi,

Just wanted to give this a bump. I'm having exactly this problem, in this same situation. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I should say that Bootcamp seems to be running fine; it's not like I'm having problems. But I feel like I should update if I can.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.