How to upgrade from any iOS beta software to public release

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Nobita, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Nobita macrumors 6502

So I've been googling around... But no one has to right answer. What I get from googling is:

1. If my beta/GM build number is the same as public release, then when pressing "check for update" I won't get any updates
    2. Otherwise, it should notify me that I need to upgrade
    3. If it doesn't work, I need to go to apple.com to download .ipsw file and install it manually with option-click. I tried searching and going to developer.apple.com/ios but I can't find it. I'm a developer.
    4. I tried going here: http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/ but the build number for iOS 4.3 is different. I don't quite trust that website..

What do I have to do now to upgrade from 4.3b1 to 4.3 public release? Please help me :(

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

did you try to contact apple's developer program support?

Did you try to downgrade back to 4.2 and then update to 4.3

3. Nobita, Mar 10, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2011

Nobita thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, but I thought there are more people here so I post it here...

I tried downgrading to 4.2, but turns out I do NOT have any single restore file in my ~/Library/iTunes/iPad Software Restores, so I got an error when I press restore in iTunes... This is also a mystery for me, does upgrading to a beta software deletes the restore file?

EDIT:

Checked out the developer forum. They said clicking restore should begin download of the public release. If that's not working then I have to download the ipsw file from somewhere. Those guys gave me a link to the ipsw file... Now downloading 597MB of file...

4. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa