iPhone X how to upgrade from iPhone X?

A_Flying_Panda

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2017
does anyone know how does it work when upgrading from iPhone X to the new iPhones, with iUP?
do I need to make 2 extra payments? if so where can I do so?

A_Flying_Panda

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2017

A_Flying_Panda

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2017
You can make the payment at check out when you select your phone and input your account info. System will detect what you owe and will charge you at check out.
should I pay early to secure maybe a couple seconds at pre-ordering?

A_Flying_Panda

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2017
No need to, unless you know when they automatically charge you. I read someone paid 2 months ahead to make it eligible and found out that they got charged the 13th month. So better just pay at check out when you pre-order.
got it. thanks for the info

Banglazed

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
No need to, unless you know when they automatically charge you. I read someone paid 2 months ahead to make it eligible and found out that they got charged the 13th month. So better just pay at check out when you pre-order.
Yup, the problem is that take note of your payment due date since you will still be charged accordingly. Your loan will still be active until the new device actually ships and then your new loan starts. It’s all in the terms and conditions of IUP.

A_Flying_Panda

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2017
Yup, the problem is that take note of your payment due date since you will still be charged accordingly. Your loan will still be active until the new device actually ships and then your new loan starts. It’s all in the terms and conditions of IUP.
which means I can pay more but I can't pay less.... hmm it sucks...

so after all it's still different from a 'rent'.

Banglazed

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
which means I can pay more but I can't pay less.... hmm it sucks...

so after all it's still different from a 'rent'.
Yup, that’s how I view this program basically renting/loaning the device and AppleCare till you upgrade. If you don’t upgrade, then I would call it financing lol

If the preorder actually this Friday then the device won’t ship until the following week or so if you actually get the early delivery date before or on launch day the following Friday. If your due date has passed already, then it safe to say you’ll only pay the remaining balance. If the delivery date slips till end of the month or next month, then you may have paid an extra month in advance if you paid early and it ships after the following due date again.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.