Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

high heels

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2004
London
Hi

I want to upgrade my iphone 4 (jailbroken) from 4.1 to 4.3.
My model firmware is 02.10.04.

Can anyone advise on the best way to do this? I cant remember which method I used to jailbreak it the first time, is this important? How do I find out and Do i need to use the same method I used before (eg Blackrain or Ultrasnow)?

Do I need to lock my phone via upgrading on Itunes first to jailbreak again?
Really not sure how to do this and all the info out on the web is very confusing.

Thanks

nebo1ss

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
Hi

I want to upgrade my iphone 4 (jailbroken) from 4.1 to 4.3.
My model firmware is 02.10.04.

Can anyone advise on the best way to do this? I cant remember which method I used to jailbreak it the first time, is this important? How do I find out and Do i need to use the same method I used before (eg Blackrain or Ultrasnow)?

Do I need to lock my phone via upgrading on Itunes first to jailbreak again?
Really not sure how to do this and all the info out on the web is very confusing.

Thanks
Unless you had an unlockable baseband which you don't then all you need to do is upgrade normally in itunes and then run Redsn0w to Jailbreak.

The only thing you need to look out for is potential problems with Tiny Umbrella. If you have that application on your machine then before you do anything else open it, go to advance mode and uncheck the box that says set host file to Cydia on exit. You then close Tiny umbrella Open Itunes and do a normal restore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.