How to Upgrade New tMBP Memory

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CaptRB, Dec 12, 2016.

1. CaptRB macrumors 6502a

CaptRB

Yes, it CAN be done! And not only that, you will get other system upgrades as well. This is what I do as needed and it works very well, especially with anything from Apple!

Sell your MBP on Craigslist or Ebay and trade up to whatever you want. As an example, I sold a 2013 MBP for 75% of the new price! Very few electronics command such high resale. I also a 2012 iMac for a staggering 1100.00...It's just too easy to do this and then add a few bucks to get the latest and greatest stuff.

If 15 months from now I see a worthy upgrade to my 2016 13" touch-bar, I'll simply sell it! The cost of upgrading an older model (when it was possible) was not that far off selling & buying new! Do the math, especially for more recent models.

My pretty Touch-Bar 13" is great, but it's cheap to swap it out for a better model in a year or two.

R.

2. Jefe's MacAir macrumors 6502

but you can get a PC based laptop for ½ the price. And toss it in the trash in 18 mos due to BSD and no resale value. /sarcasm

TL: DR I agree with you.

3. graffixnyc macrumors regular

graffixnyc

You know the world is in trouble when not even two full sentences requires a tl;dl note...