how to upgrade to 1.1.2?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by otis123, Nov 9, 2007.

1. otis123 macrumors 6502a

so i downloaded the update, what do i do now? what file do i choose in itunes?

2. DotComCTO macrumors 6502

option+shift+click (Mac) or ctrl+shift+click (PC) on "Check for updates" in the iPhone panel in iTunes. Open the firmware update file from the dialog box that appears. It should take around 5 minutes for the iPhone to be updates.

--DotComCTO

3. otis123 thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. mac-convert macrumors 6502a

mac-convert

otis - could I respectfully suggest that you wait for the official iTunes release from Apple. Once it is available, when you plug in your iPhone you can click on Check for Updates. If there is one, it will be all automatic. No need to worry about what it's called, where to download it, or how to install it.

5. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

It's called iphone1,1_1.1.2_3B48b_Restore.ipsw on mine.

6. otis123 thread starter macrumors 6502a

im not computer dumb, leopard unzipped it and i thought the file was in the folder, not the zip file itself

7. mac-convert macrumors 6502a

mac-convert

Apologies and a mea culpa. It was not my intent to imply that you were.

I've been following threads since this came out and I'm seeing where there have been problems with people d'ling it, and also the fact that Apple has not yet released it. Also there are others (and me) that feel this isn't going to be the one we see eventually.

Peace?

8. otis123 thread starter macrumors 6502a

i can understand wear your coming from, there are a lot of dumb people in this world