How to upgrade unlocked iphone 1.1.2 to 2.0

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kperajis, Jul 20, 2008.

1. kperajis macrumors newbie

I have an unlocked iphone that i purchased off ebay. I dont know what was used to unlock it. all i know is that it is running firmware 1.1.2. Is safe to upgrade the firmware to 1.1.4 and then unlock it. What is your recomendation?

2. ipod touch guy macrumors newbie

ipod touch guy

If u upgrade it.....

what ever you do please DO NOT upgrade your unlocked phone to 2.0 it will unactivate it becouse when you upgrade it you actualy erase the phone so the unlock will be deleted and their is no activating software out there that works with 2.0 please read the tread stuck on 2.0 by ipod touch guy becouse my dad upgraded his and i have had hell trying to fix it and still havent:mad::(:apple::apple: But it is safe to put it to 1.1.4

3. kperajis thread starter macrumors newbie

so if upgrading to 2.0.....

is a bad idea, what about upgrading to 1.1.4. Is it safe? Can someone recommend what software to use and some instructions?

4. janey macrumors 603

janey

What the heck? PwnageTool will unlock your 2.0 phone for you.

However, unless you just want it for the novelty, don't upgrade to 2.0 as Installer.app is unavailable, all that's installed is Cydia, and I doubt there are many things you'd want there.

In the event you have 2.0 and want to downgrade to 1.1.4, you need to downgrade your iTunes, and restore/jailbreak/unlock normally.