How to upload apps to apple store and how apple payout

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by vietkool, Nov 19, 2011.

1. vietkool macrumors newbie

Hi,

I has more than 4yrs of experience to code apps for iphone and ipad. but very much for fun. Now I want to upload to apple store and sell my apps (cheap). how to upload ? and how regular the apple payout? if anyone have done so please share the experiences
    I do understand to pay 99$ for membership. but after that Do I have to pay for any app I upload to the store?

thanks

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

You pay $99 per year. You can upload any number of apps. Apple pay directly to your bank account when you reach the pay-out minimum limit.

3. firewood macrumors 604

Apple pays once a month, within 45 days after the end of the fiscal month for sales in that month, by wire transfer directly into a bank account you specify.

You need to read the iOS Developer and iTunes Connect documentation very carefully to understand the dozens and dozens of steps required to upload apps and have them approved. Many more steps than can be listed here, and don't skip any of these steps or you will fail.

4. larswik macrumors 68000

I have an app that is close to being done and was looking at the same thing. Going through the app docs with all the stuff you need to do is complicated. They ask for a binary file if I remember right and all I know of binary are 1's an 0's and have no clue what a binary file is. I am getting ready in the next couple of months to try to find a Tutorial Series on preparing and uploading you app.

If anyone knows of a video that covers the whole process I would love to see it.

5. jnoxx macrumors 65816

jnoxx

Tried Stanford University Video's? I think they cover everything about it.
    This Binary file you are talking about is an .IPA, if you follow the guidelines, then there should be no issue at all.

6. CheesePuff macrumors 6502

You've been programming apps for the iOS platform since before the SDK was available?