How to use battery case for iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Nhwhazup, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

Okay, so I upgraded from the 3GS to the 4S and oh boy the battery drain is really crazy. With the 3GS I could charge it once every 2 days on a regular day. If on vacation and using the GPS and constant surfing over 3G, I would need to recharge nightly. So although my 3GS was a perfectly capable phone, I figured I was due for an update and also figured my new phone would be awesome with a new battery.

How wrong I was - the new 4S literally seems to drain down while you watch it. Anyway - I shut off most of the awesome notifications and iCloud and anything else that I figured might sucking up juice in the background. That did help out the problem and I ran it from morning at 7:00 AM until now 12 hours later and went from 100% to 46%. Definitely not great but better than it was yesterday with the features all mostly active.

Anyway - my plan is to use a regular case for daily use, but I ordered a battery case through Phone Suit to use when on the road or traveling and heavily using the GPS. Don't want to run out of juice especially when I might need it most.

So my question for the group is - have you used a battery case and how does it work? I.e. do you charge it up and then turn it on to recharge the iPhone battery once it is out of power? It states that the phone will fully recharge in about 2 hours. So can you continue to use the phone while the battery in the case is recharging the iPhone? Has anyone used the iPhone and case battery on together or is this just counter-efficient?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. toasty hoodie macrumors 6502

toasty hoodie

Dude, really? 12 hrs and you're complaining about it dropping 54%

I had a Droid before my iPhone 4 and I was lucky to get 15hrs out of it.

Just charge every night. You should keep what you want on and still make it through a day.

3. Nhwhazup thread starter macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

The 12 hours sounds good but had no talk time and maybe 7-8 times checking e-mail. Practically no usage - mostly standby. This past weekend when really using it, the phone didn't make it through the day. I have no problem recharging every night but when traveling don't always have the option to charge mid-day.

Tonight I'm going to match up my 4S and my husband's 4 at both 100% and see where they are in the morning after being on standby through the night.