Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jw nyc

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
So I use BeeJive w/ an AIM & GChat account and I'm wondering how most of you use the program. I like leaving myself logged in on my iPhone even when I'm at work and logged in on my computer. I thought that if I set my status as away on the phone that it wouldn't result in away on the computer and that IMs would only go to the computer where I was "available". Unfortunately, the IMs are still coming to both the phone and the computer. Is there a way to make them only go to the session that is available and not to the one that is away?

How do you guys handle this? Are you usually logged in on both or do you only log on to BeeJive when you're not by your computer?

jw nyc

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
Ya, just sign off on your computer to make it go straight to phone.

I understand if I'm off the computer it would go to the phone. However it is currently going to both my phone AND my computer when they are both logged on even if my phone is set to "Away". I want to know if it is possible make it ONLY go to my computer when my phone is set to away and my computer is set to "available" and vice versa.

Rob Mclovin

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2008
I understand if I'm off the computer it would go to the phone. However it is currently going to both my phone AND my computer when they are both logged on even if my phone is set to "Away". I want to know if it is possible make it ONLY go to my computer when my phone is set to away and my computer is set to "available" and vice versa.

No, when i use the aim app, and i set it away, the computer and phone both go away.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.