How to use cox webmail on phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bmizz, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Bmizz macrumors member

So I have tried to add my cox webmail account to my phone with no luck. Is there a way to have my cox webmail account for use on the mail icon? I want it to push my emails to me.

2. And5555 macrumors member

I haven't use Cox in a while (moved to Texas), but I believe that they only offer POP mail (not even IMAP). In order to get emails to push to you, you would need to do something like "mail2web" (it's a service where you use their exchange server for free and just set up your cox account to forward all your emails to mail2web). To find out more, just search the forums for mail2web.

Note that if you do this option, you might want to add a POP account for cox as well so that you can reply from there instead of from your @mail2web.com email address.

3. Bmizz thread starter macrumors member

4. Joey7071 macrumors newbie

Make a Gmail account then when you do this go to Gmails settings then accounts and hit add e-mail or get mail from another account it says one of them. Then add your cox account. Now all your cox email will be forwarded to your Gmail account. Then go to Send mail as and make that your cox account also and make it your default so when you send mail from your gmail account people also get your reply from your cox account..Enjoy

5. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

Basically what they are saying is that yes, you can use your Cox e-mail with the Mail.app on the iPhone, but you can't have it push.

I don't have Cox, but if they are anything like Comcast, I'm sure they have tutorials on how to set up your e-mail on your computer. You can follow those same instructions for the iPhone.

6. tritonj macrumors 6502a

if you get the pop or imap settings from cox you setup using the mail app

7. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

You don't need any push services just to get POP mail, OP is having issues setting up the phone it seems.