Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

laserterd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2007
Can someone tell me how to use cyberduck to connect to my ipod touch?

Im not really sure what it does, but the main thing that i want to do right now is to get the gameboy emulator on my ipod, and be able to download summerboards offline and put them on.

Can someone explain this?

Thanks!

ehsteve23

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2007
open up cyberduck

click open connection

change from FTP to SFTP in the protocol section

for the server, go to Settings>WiFi on your touch, click on the little blue arrow next to your chosen network, and enter the IP Address into the Server field in Cyberduck, select Port 22, username= root, password= alpine, click connect.

now you can do pretty much what you want

for summerboard springboards, get the folder with the theme you want and put it in /private/var/root/SummerBoard/Themes/

not sure about the GBA emulator.

laserterd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2007
it didnt work. idk why but for some reason it kept saying "could not connect"...

can someone tell me what to do now?

laserterd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2007
nope this didnt work... i am on an ibook g4, and i am at my grandmas house, and she has an airportish thing. (apple made, but not airport extreme).

Also, should my ipod touch be plugged into my laptop, or not? ive tried both but idk.

thanks

phoenix.stu

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2007
You may not have ssh installed.

Not sure which jailbreak you used however, go into installer and do this.

First, click on the Uninstall button at the bottom.
Do you see any of these 3 items?
1. Community sources.
2. BSD Subsystem
3. Open SSH

Whichever ones that you DO NOT see, you will need to install.
If that is the case.
Click on the Install button and look for the above items and install them.

After that, restart your ipod and then try using the cyberduck.

Let me know if that helps.

laserterd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 19, 2007
yes thank you this worked very well. the problem is that i did not have the BSD subsystem installed.

The only problem is that all the folders in the directory are not in the order that people are saying, so it takes a bit of guesswork to decide which "root" folder to travel down and stuff.

But long story short, i have GBAemulator installed, and im playiing pokemon ruby right now! I think http://www.rombomb.com has every game ever made lolol...

Where can i download new themes that arent in the "installer" and put them in?

Thanks.

horatiobear

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2008
uninstalling cyberduck

I have used cyberduck to recover some files that 'disappeared'. It worked. I discovered the 'invisible' files, but that done, I would now like to make them invisible again; eg. .DS_Store, .localized - which sit on the desktop. I have tried all I could on the software and have searched the web for answers. Can anyone help?
:confused:

ArchiMark

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2003
Silicon Valley
Please Help Me Get SSH Working on My Touch

Now that you've got laserterd SSH'ng hopefully you can please help me to get connected....have tried everything I can think of but nothing seems to work...would greatly appreciate getting this working!

Have got everything installed as noted in earlier post; OpenSSH (turned on..), BSD Subsystem, and Community Sources....

Followed instructions for using CyberDuck...

But, I can never connect!

Usually get 'timed out' message, etc....

Just tried again and got the following message

Code:
I/O Error: Connection failed
sftp://root@192.168.1.x:22
The kexTimeout (30000 ms) expired.

Some questions that I have that may or may not relate to my problem connecting:

1) I'm using the IP Address of my Touch and connecting via WiFi on my home network. My MacBook is connected via ethernet cable to my Diamond SupraMax DSL Modem/WiFi Router.

Does having WiFi router make a difference in connecting or address to use?

Does the fact that I have WEP key set make a difference? Although I can get Touch online OK using WiFi at home....

Also, I am able to connect via USB Cable to MacBook and iTunes OK. Also, demoed iPhoneDrive app and it was able to copy over files to my Touch.

2) Just to clarify, is everybody using WiFi to connect via SSH or using USB Cable???

Thanks for any help with this!

Mark

mikelele

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2010
Please help... =)

I have just succeeded in jailbreaking my iPhone 3gs.

I have also installed the usual suspects of apps, and have gotten ssh to work with Cyberduck.

I can 'see' my iPhone in the finder on my Mac.

My question now is - where do I put all or any of the .ipa files I would like to transfer to my iPhone?

And what do I do right after? Do I double click on it in Cyberduck or will it appear on the Springboard main page?

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks!

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
I have just succeeded in jailbreaking my iPhone 3gs.

I have also installed the usual suspects of apps, and have gotten ssh to work with Cyberduck.

I can 'see' my iPhone in the finder on my Mac.

My question now is - where do I put all or any of the .ipa files I would like to transfer to my iPhone?

And what do I do right after? Do I double click on it in Cyberduck or will it appear on the Springboard main page?

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks!

You should post this in the Cracked Apps forum.

lazyboy91

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2012
how to use cyberduck

i found out after some snooping around that the directory if using an ipod is
/private/var/stash/Themes.UwMhbz

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.