Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Angelcuco

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2010
I have a Flash Drive of DiskWarrior 5. Should I put a copy of DiskWarrior 5 on my DeskTop?:(

jbarley

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
You can boot from the DiskWarrior flash drive but it is much faster to boot from a copy on your Harddirve or SSD.
I have it installed in my applications folder so it gets Cloned along with everything else when I make a cloned backup.
Diskwarrior cannot act upon the drive it is running from, so I boot from the cloned backup and then run DW on my main boot drive to effect repairs if any needed.

Angelcuco

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2010
You can boot from the DiskWarrior flash drive but it is much faster to boot from a copy on your Harddirve or SSD.
I have it installed in my applications folder so it gets Cloned along with everything else when I make a cloned backup.
Diskwarrior cannot act upon the drive it is running from, so I boot from the cloned backup and then run DW on my main boot drive to effect repairs if any needed.
[doublepost=1528915105][/doublepost]Thank you very much, jbarley, for your assistance in this most important matter!!:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.